This Policy Applies to Information We Collect or Receive:
- Via the Internet and mobile space including via our Website
- When you schedule an appointment with Us
- When you request further information from Us about laser vision correction
- When you submit information to the Website such as testimonials regarding your experience with laser vision correction
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not provide any information to this Website including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn that we have collected or received Personally Identifiable Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted (“Personally Identifiable Information”); and
- Information that does not individually identify you, such as your gender, age, or other demographic information.
Information You Provide to Us
The information you may provide to us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our Website. This includes information provided in order to schedule an appointment with us, or in order to receive further information regarding vision correction.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, geolocation data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personally Identifiable Information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects, or flash cookies, to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website.
- IP Address. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our applications or websites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the websites. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
- This website may place a small text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. Our display advertising partners, Perfect Audience and Facebook, then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with the Pacific Eye website. The methods our advertising partners utilize do not collect personal information. If you prefer websites not store cookies on your computer, you’re welcome to update your settings within your web browser preferences.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any Personally Identifiable Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information (e.g. InfoKits) regarding laser vision correction that you request from us
- To notify you about changes to our Website
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website
- To facilitate e-mail or phone contact with you
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information
We use your IP Address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Website and to gather demographic information. Our third party ad servers will also provide us with summary, but not individual reports that will tell us what you clicked on. We will primarily use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide our services to you. We will also use Personally Identifiable Information to enhance the operation of our Website, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, statistically analyze our Website’s use, and customize the Website’s content and layout. We require your opt-in consent for the sharing of any Personally Identifiable Information with third parties. We will not sell, distribute or lease your Personally Identifiable Information or
use your Personally Identifiable Information to send you promotional information about third parties, unless you have given us your opt-in consent to do so.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements to you when you access our Website based on information relating to your access to and use of other websites, applications or online services on any of your devices. To do so, these companies may use various technologies, including the placement or recognition of a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with the information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop. These companies use the information they collect, as well as information received from third parties, to serve ads for us and others about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you are on our Website or on third-party properties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information that We collect or you provide:
- To our employees, subsidiaries and affiliates
- To contractors or service providers we use to support our business
- To comply with any law, court order or legal process, including to respond to any subpoena, governmental or regulatory investigation
- For any purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your opt-in consent
Correcting Your Information
You may contact us to request that We change or delete any information that you have provided to Us. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or regulation.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your information.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. The date this Policy was last revised is identified below. You are responsible for periodically checking this Policy for any updates. Your continued use of this Website after We make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes.
Your Choices and Opting-Out of Targeted Ad
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads (sometimes called “interest-based ads”) you receive and how we use your data.
Opting-out of this type of advertising through the below methods will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they will not be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving personalized ads (including retargeted ads) served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”, thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again. If you use a Safari browser, please also see directions regarding our cookie-less technology opt-out, below.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
- Industry Opt-Out Tools and Self-Regulation:
- AdRoll Group is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt-out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- Finally, we also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt-out via their ”Your Online Choices” website here.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or our privacy procedures, you may contact us.